The city of London is a great place to spend some quality time in. the busy lifestyle does not permit us to go out of town that often but when you get the opportunity to explore the various beautiful places on earth, you should let of the chance. London is a beautiful place. In fact it is even more exquisite than it appears on the travel blogs or books. You will be feeling delighted as soon as you get to pass through the gates of Heathrow International Airport and enter the city. With a plethora of travel destinations to visit, English delicacies to taste, renowned festivals to attend, activities to take part in and also to enjoy life to the fullest. If you are the one who follows a proper plan before venturing out n holiday destinations and London is the place which you are vouching for then it is the right time to start your research work and have the most beautiful vacation which you have always desired for.
A vacation is what people yearn for most of the time and if you are lucky enough to be merging towards your dream destination of London, then it is essential to start your journey with a well-planned vision which is always important to ensure that you got to spend some quality time amidst the royal ambiance of the British capital.
You must have already chalked out a list of places which you are willing to visit during your trip to the city of London. Some of them are definitely the famous Big Ben, Hyde Park, National Museum, National Portrait Gallery, Piccadilly Circus, Buckingham Palace, Tower of London and London Eye. Travelling to London and not experiencing the glitz and glamour which the city is proud to flaunt all the time will not complete your vacation. Staying in boutique hotels in London and getting to live life just the way you wanted is something beyond description. You would love to come back to the city again and again. The luxury hotels might appear expensive but if opted for the right one, you can actually spend some of the most exquisite time of your life by getting to use the luxury suites combined with a myriad of life comforting services at a delightful price rate. If you stay in Park Grand London Heathrow, then you can actually use the best of life comforting amenities at reasonable prices. This hotel is popular for being elegantly designed and exquisitely located in a desirable location which connects you to Central London with some common links. From here, you can also visit an array of places including the popular Heathrow International Airport within a few minutes. If you are a sports lover and look forward to practice the various sport activities even during your vacation, then you can simply go for the Osterley Sports and Athletic Centre which is located nearby the hotel. Grasshoppers Rugby Football Club is also located next to the hotel which has a long tradition of rugby since the year 1950 catering to the boys and girls belonging to all age groups. If you are keen rugby follower or love to indulge yourself in this game, then you can surely look forward to spend some time in this palce which is not far away from your hotel.
You must have heard about the name of Rugby? You may not have detailed information about how it is played but you are acquainted with its name. Let us now discuss in brief about some of the most interesting facts which you did not know about this game.
- Till the year 1863, Rugby and football (also popularly known as soccer) were one and the same game. Later on some attempts were made to formalize the game of foot ball in order to ensure the players’ safety as both the teams were always ino kicking one another on the shins. This was indeed not going anywhere and that is why strict rules were made in order to differentiate the two games.
- At an initial stage, the game of rugby was played by teams having 20 players in number. The game of Rugby has been by far the oldest globally acclaimed sport game. The first rugby test was followed by the other test matches of international team sports.
- In the initial years, there was no Rugby board but a disputed match between England and Scotland suggested the urgent need of setting up of an International Rugby Board.
- The shape of the contemporarily designed Rugby ball has been derived from the inflated bladders of pigs. These were commonly used as the Rugby ball in the early years of the game.
- This modern game was first played in the Rugby School and the first Gilbert Rugby ball was manufactured by William Gilbert who had his business right next to the Rugby School.
- History suggests that Pope John Paul II had played the game of Rugby for the Polish National team.
- Japan has the largest playing pool of Rugby players with around 125,000 registered players. During the early years, the rules made for the game were very different from what is now being followed. At that time, a drop goal earned 3 points whereas only 1 point was earned for a try.
- William Webb Ellis was the proud inventor of the game of Rugby.
- The game of Rugby is now considered to be the second most popular game in the planet after the football.
These are some of the interesting facts which you may not have known about the game of rugby. Grasshoppers Rugby Football Club is going to participate in the Young Rugby Ambassador (YRA) Program and the dedicated ambassadors have the following commitment to abide by:
- They are supposed to arrange a series of meetings in the club in order to communicate the news information on Rugby World Cup which is going to be hosted by England in the year 2015.
- They will be supporting the RFU lead by bringing back 16-24 old Rugby players.