Hounslow is an economic hub in London and is the principal town in the London Borough of Hounslow. The town is located close to Heathrow Airport giving it plenty of advantages. The economy of the town is largely dependent on the retail shops that are present in the large shopping centre which adjoins its High Street and a large number of restaurants, cafés and small businesses, many of which are associated with product assembly, marketing and telecommunications. The proximity to London Heathrow Airport provides employment to a lot of people living in the Hounslow area. Moreover, many people working in central London stay in Hounslow because it is a relatively cheaper area and is well-connected to central London by rail and tube. The settlement in Hounslow is also partially employed in the Commuter Belt.
- Staying in Hounslow, both residents and visitors can easily access other areas of the city, especially central London and Heathrow Airport by road, tube and rail. People commuting by road can find many options to connect with other parts of the city. London Heathrow Airport can be accessed by a WNW route from Hounslow West. From Hounslow High Street, the A315 will take you out of London. For longer journeys north, the M4, A4 or A30 then M25 provides the best routes. London Underground provides Hounslow West tube station, Hounslow Central and Hounslow East which are on the Piccadilly line to Heathrow, Osterley, Hammersmith, Knightsbridge stations for Hyde Park and other attractions of central London. Hounslow railway station is on the railway line to London Waterloo station, Reading, Weybridge and Windsor. Bus services are also available from the bus station next to the high street.
- Staying in Hounslow is ideal for people who wish to live in a quiet retreat far from the hustle and bustle of central London. Moreover, reaching Heathrow Airport is also convenient. It is a great place to spend a nice vacation in a Hounslow hotel and it presents ample opportunities for shopping. Moreover, the area has many sightseeing monuments. The nearby attractions include the treaty centre, a large number of shops, the Hounslow local library, cafes and a cinema. The railway station of Hounslow is one of the major stations in London and provides easy links to most parts of London. There are many Hounslow hotels, some of which are of the old style whereas the others are more modern. The area also has many guest homes. The modern hotels include Premier Inn London City, Double Tree by Hilton Hotel and The Continental Hotel.
- The Town Centre of Hounslow provides a High Street that has ample arrangements for pedestrians to walk and it offers a shopping area that is known as the Treaty Centre. It offers many shops, Hounslow local library and cafes. There are many shops in the High Street also.
- Hounslow presents an open and fresh environment as the borough offers a large percentage of green spaces and parks that are found in all the London boroughs put together. Moreover, people can explore the historic Chiswick House Gardens that are believed to be the origin of the idea of landscaped gardens in Britain. For entertainment, people living in Hounslow can enjoy the town’s artistic culture as there are many theatres, music venues, museums and artist studios, including The Paul Robeson Theatre which offers a marvellous performance space for all types of artists, both professional and amateur.
- There are a lot of open green spaces, parks and gardens in Hounslow. Hounslow Heath is a large public open space and local nature reserve to the west of Hounslow, a London borough. It now covers about 200 acres (80 ha), the residue of the historic Hounslow Heath that covered over 4,000 acres (1,600 ha).
The Heath has major historical importance, which was originally the route from London to the west and southwest of Britain. Staines Road, the northern boundary of the present Heath, is formerly the Roman Road, Trinobantes. There are several historic references to Roman camps on or close to the Heath.
The big cinema was recently built in town and it’s a good idea to go by and see what is playing. The main cinemas in Hounslow include Odeon Cinema, Curzon, Himalaya Palace Cinema and Vue Cinema.